Everybody strives for a great looking, healthy tan and professional spray tan, well, fake tanning, spray tanning is an effective way to enjoy an all year through glowing natural looking tan.
Our trained staff will help you decide which shade to choose. There is a spray tan for each and every occasions. Makes you feel better when you have a healthy glow! Don’t wait, book your Spray Tan session today!
Important pre and post tan preparations:
- Exfoliate and moisturise the night before.
- Paint nails and toenails.
- Wax/shave at least 24/48 hours prior to treatment.
- Do not moisturise or use skin lotions on the day.
- Remove make-up and deodorant before your tan.
- Wear dark loose clothing after your treatment.
- Wear flip-flops or loose fitting shoes.
- Do not shower or bathe for at least 6 hours.
- Do not exercise or swim for at least 6 hours.
- Try not to touch your skin over the 6 hours.
- Use Special moisturiser with DHA (ask at the reception) to prolong your tan.
All about Spray Tanning
- DHA reacts with the skin’s amino acids resulting in a “tan” similar looking to that of the sun. The darke
r you can tannaturally, the darker you can tan with a spray tan. Like most cosmetics, avoid exposure to the eyes, lips, and other parts of body covered with a mucous membrane.
- Your spray tan should last 5-10 days depending on your skin type and how well you take care of your sunless tan. It’s very important to keep your skin moisturized after your spray tan, avoiding long baths or showers and hot tubs. Salt water exposure or a chlorinated pool can also shorten your spray tan.
- Following the spray tan session, please avoid: tight clothes, excessive perspiring, leather seats, and do not shower for at least 4-8 hours. Letting solution stay on overnight without showering is recommended. Some fabrics may be stained by the spray tanning solution, please use caution and care.
- There is a very small percentage of people whose skin does not react favourably to spray tanning. For this reason we do NOT advise being spray tanned for the first time when your appearance is critical (for ex., wedding, photographic session, modeling assignment etc.) We advise that you come in at least one time prior to your special event.
- Spray tan does not contain sunscreen and does not protect against sunburn. Always wear sunscreen if you go on the sun.
After the Spray Tan / Removing the tan
The Spray tan fades evenly, although in some cases it can differ (if you are on holiday using pool with chemicals, going the gym a lot, etc) So when you are ready to exfoliate the tan off, rub olive oil all over your body, leave it on for a good 5 minutes, then jump into the shower and its will come off very easily
Frequently Answered Questions
Spray tan with sensitive skin or pregnancy?
If you have highly sensitive skin please double check with your doctor that a spray tan will be ok. If you have had problems or any allergic reactions after a previous spray tan before then you MUST make me aware of this so we can discuss your options. In all situations, a pregnant or nursing woman should ask her doctor / midwife first before using any product. NHS Direct offers further advice on the subject of pregnancy and fake tan.
Is Spray Tanning Safe?
YES! According to the Academy of Dermatology, the most effective products available are sunless or self-tanning products that contain dihydroxyacetone (DHA) as the active ingredient. DHA has been used in cosmetic preparations for almost 30 years and was listed with the FDA in 1973. It is declared safe and suitable for use in cosmetics and drugs used to colour the skin. DHA is derived from glycerin (vegetable origin), which is a commonly used cosmetic and food ingredient. DHA is not absorbed into the body and poses no possibility of toxicity.